Chime Mobile Banking App Features
Chime is a mobile banking app, another addition to the increasing number of fintech banking apps. It currently offers an FDIC insured checking and savings account that can be managed entirely from your smartphone.
While there are no brick-and-mortar locations, Chime offers a Chime Visa® Debit Card, a Spending Account, and a Savings Account with the following features:
- Spending Account: Your Chime Spending Account is the secure place to deposit funds and handle all your expenses from any screen. Check your balance, view transactions, and analyze your spending.
- Chime Visa® Debit Card: Your Chime Visa Debit Card may be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. The more you use your Chime card, the more you’ll save when you enroll in Automatic Savings.
- Savings Account: Set money aside for a rainy day or a sunny vacation. Enroll in Automatic Savings, and you’ll save money automatically with every Chime card purchase.
- No Unnecessary Fees: Your bank account shouldn’t cost you money. With Chime there are no monthly minimums or fees, no overdraft fees, and ATMs are fee-free at over 24,000 MoneyPass locations. You can also locate 30,000 fee-free cash back locations using the ATM Finder in the Chime App.
- Additional Features:
- The Chime Visa Debit Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC
- Visa Zero-Liability Policy protects all unauthorized purchases
- Over 24,000 fee-free ATM and 30,000 cash-back locations.
- Real-time alerts for every banking transaction
- Automatic Savings takes the effort out of saving
- No minimum, monthly, or overdraft fees
Chime $100 Sign-Up Bonus
New users can earn a $100 cash bonus when you use a referral link to open a new Chime Spending Account and receive a payroll direct deposit of at least $200 within your first 45 days.
Offer Terms & Conditions
- In order for both the referred friend and the referring Chime member to each qualify for and receive the $100.00 referral reward, the following conditions must be met: The referred friend must open a new Chime Spending Account (“Account”) using the referring Chime member’s unique referral link between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021 and the Account must receive a payroll direct deposit of $200.00 or more within 45 days from when the Chime Spending Account was opened.
- The direct deposit must be made by referred friend’s employer, payroll provider, or benefits payer by an Automated Clearing House (ACH) deposit. Bank ACH transfer, Pay Friends transfers, verification or trial deposits from financial institutions, transfers from PayPal or Venmo, mobile check deposits, and cash loads or deposits are not qualifying direct deposit.
- Referring Chime member must be part of the “$100.00 for Payroll Direct Deposit” referral reward campaign in order for each party to be eligible for a reward. The reward is paid to each party within two (2) business days after qualifying funds are first deposited into the referred friend’s Account.
- Members may earn no more than $1,000.00 in referral rewards per calendar year (January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019). Referred friend acknowledges that payment of the reward will result in the Member’s knowledge of friend’s establishment of a new Account. Chime reserves the right to cancel or modify the referral reward offer terms or terminate the member’s eligibility at any time with or without prior notice. This offer is neither sponsored nor endorsed by The Bancorp Bank. Credits of $10 or more must be reported on tax form 1099-INT.
Chime Referrals Offer: $100 Each
For every friend you successfully refer, Chime will give you and your referral bonus cash each. There’s no limit to how many people you can refer, but you can only earn $1,000 in referral bonuses a year. If you don’t already have an account, sign-up with our referral link from above.
- Log into your Chime account to get your unique referral link.
- Share your referral link to everyone you know.
- Earn a cash bonus when one of your referral:
- Registers for a new Chime Spending Account,
- Verifies their ID, and
- Receives a direct deposit of $200 or more within 45 days from opening their account.